I have never been able to actually fall asleep for very long. It takes me hours of laying down, even when extremly tired, to actually fall asleep. And then i wake up every hour or more throughout the time. Does anyone know of anything that could help me sleep, that doesnt involve drugs?? I would greatly appretiate any response!

I have tried everything I could in the last year - at times I couldn't sleep at all for days. So, you probably understand very well why I was ready to try everything, from medications (that is not sleep, that is just passing out plus the side effects) to relaxation techniques and herbal remedies. Not that it's all shiny and happy now, but things are better. So, what I still drink (because it tastes ok and it seems to help) is Lemon balm tea, but there is also Valerian tea (that is usually the main ingredient of sleep aid supplements). And, one thing that proved to be useful in those hours when you are just laying in bed is progressive relaxation technique I found here. It might be like you are forcing it at first, but, it starts to work in the end.

Thank you very much! I will try both of the things you have recommended and let you know! Thank you again(:

You're welcome and if you discover something that helps in the meantime, let me know :) Wish you luck and a few good nights of sleep :)

I've had insomnia since I was little. I've tried 6 different medications and none of them work. Right now I'm taking Melatonin it's a natural sleeping aid. Melatonin is a horomone that your body produces during your sleep cycles at night. It's over the counter and you can get it at just about any pharmacy. Lately though it hasn't been helping and I'm afraid I'm going to have to find something new to help me sleep. :(

You can tryMELATONIN its natural..we have that in our brains whe to fall asle and when to be awake.. it comes in 3mg, 5mg. .You can take one at bedtme orjust about half hour before.

Hope it helps