I'm 20 years old and was on 110mg methadone for a little over a year. In the last 6 months I detoxed down to 5mg and stopped taking it 4 days ago. The first night was hell and I didn't sleep at all I was crying and I finally took a vicodin 5mg. Anyway, the next day I felt a little better and have been getting better since. The restless legs stopped, I still feel really tired and weak and my back is killing me but at least it's tolerable. Today I actually ate regular food and am not feeling like I'm gonna puke. Okay, the big problem I'm having is not sleeping. I have slept maybe 6 or 7 hours in the last 4 days, I took melatonin and it helped a little but not much. I'm starting to feel really weird, I know it sounds funny but this morning I thought I saw a bulbasaur pokemon in my yard, lol. I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it will be before I will actually be able to get a decent amount of sleep, or if there's anything I can do to help. Thank you so much anyone who can help.

I feel your pain man! Im starting a process to withdraw off of suboxone. I have many friends who have went cold turkey and they tell me its pure hell for about 12 days. The first 3 days you have the restless leg and insomnia. Also they say day 4 is the worst because by that time the subs are about out of your sytem. It is the only drug I have ever heard of that you actually start feeling worse the longer you go without it. I have detoxed off of oxy's and I felt better the longer I went without it. Im scared to death and have been doing between 8 to 16 mg a day for 2 1/2 years and before that 3 years of oxy's. Im to the point that Im tired of chasing a drug everyday of my life! I want to be normal again. When I began subs I was onlly doing about 2 mgs a day buying off the street. When I went to the doctor he presribed me 16 mgs a day. He actually told me that it would be better "giving him my money than a drug dealer"! He is the reason my habit is so high because I believe it would be easier for me to detox off 2mgs a day than 16mgs.

I dont know what to do but I wish you luck and hope once you start to get clean you stay clean.

My name is Doug and I was on 150 mg of methadone a day I stopped after tapering to 30 mg a day the withdraw was bad I was screaming into a pillow ! I told them I wanted to kill myself .so they sent me to the psych ward for 2 days I just screamed into a pillow saying god please stop my insane behavior I never will touch methadone again , the problem is I have been up for 9 days straight . And I was on methadone for 11 years I feel bad because I can’t excisire because my spine is so bad . Doctors won’t write me no narcotics if someone can help me with any info I would be thankful and I’m 55 years old evarts ,Ky

I been on 50mg of methadone for 8 years got down to 5mg and quit 9 days ago. Feeling good except cannot sleep at all. Doctor gave me 15 x 10mg Temaze so I hope I sleep tonight. I was expecting hell after going through Morphine withdrawals but this was a walk in the park.