Hello! I usually use ibuprofen for my headache. I tried other medicines too but Ibuprofen is really the best. Sometimes my headaches are often and intensive and I don’t know what I would do without ibuprofen. My husband and I are planning a baby now and I am afraid my headaches will occur in the pregnancy too and I don’t know anything about ibuprofen safety while pregnant.

Hi! I don’t know if your doctor prescribed Ibuprofen for your headaches or you use it without consultation with him. Although ibuprofen is a good medicine for relief of mild to moderate pain I think there are more suitable drugs that could be used for your headaches. As I know there are no well-controlled studies in pregnant women. I have heard only for two and they showed increased risk of miscarriage. Reproductive studies were conducted only on rats and rabbits and they have not demonstrated abnormalities, but rats and rabbits are animals. All non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs should be avoided in late pregnancy because they may cause premature closure of the ductus arteriosus. I think you need to talk to your doctor and he will find the best possible solution for you during pregnancy.