I’m 20 and think that one reason why I'm scared of getting older is that I haven't done all the crazy stuff people who are in their early 20s do. I haven't had sex, tried drugs, try weed, been drunk and I'm a good-looking young chic. I don't think I'm that type of person though... I might go to some parties this summer, but ultimately I don't think it's like a rite of passage or anything....

I was scared of getting old when I was in my early 20’s, but once you get into your late 20s to your 30s, you have a new found sense of confidence that you have do not have in your teens or early 20s. It is really cool, you’ll see. I can tell you that I am definitely in a better place than I was 5-10 years ago.

Hello there,

I can understand that you are afraid of getting old, but you shouldn’t be. And you shouldn’t be sorry that you haven’t done all those things that your friends have. First of all drugs are bad for your health, and you don’t need that. If you don’t want to drink than simply don’t. and about sex.. well everything will come in its own time.

It is better to wait the person who deserves you, than to be with the guy just because you must do it. And as the poster above me wrote, I feel much better in my 30s. I am more mature and I know what I want. When I was 20 years old I didn’t have a clue.