Hello. I’m 60 years old male and for a long time I have problems with catarac.
Catarac has reduced my visual function to minimum. For about 10 years I lived with this disease, not hopping that I could get any better. My daughter make me to visit my ophthalmologist who has told me that I need a surgery and he’s sure I'm not going to need my old glasses any more. I’m a little skeptic about it because I’m not sure that I need a surgery in my ages. Doctor said that I would get an implant instead of my lens. How long will my implants last? Are there any sideffects?

I see you don’t believe doctors too much. Maybe you’re right but in this case I think you should trust your doctor. Catarac surgery has made a big progress lately and those surgeons literally can make a blind men see. Your catarac will be removed by ultrasound in a process called phacoemulsification. Catarac surgery is indicated when the catarac reduces visual function to a level that interferes with your everyday activities. You don’t have to worry about sideffects because it has no possible complications. The intraocular lens is placed permanently in your eye to the rest of your life and there’s no need for changing it. You could wear your old glasses after operation but you’ll probably see best without them because your old glasses diopter will not fit your “new eye”!
Good luck with operation!

is having lines after catarac implants normal and the vision is wrorse than before !!!

These lines are called floaters and they shouldn’t appear and could indicate a post-op complication. Any floaters and vision worsening should be reported to the doc for examination to check if any complications occurred.

However, this could also be a side effect of the procedure that would go away in a few days. But to be on the safe side-have it checked.

Your sensation should have come back within a few hours after surgery and vision improvement a few days after. Healing takes longer but there shouldn’t be worsening of the vision.

Some of the most common side effects are itchy eye and blurry vision which go away real soon (in a few days), bruising and pain in the eye. Bruising may take longer to go away bit the pain and itchiness and blurriness should go away in a few days.

Complications rarely occur but when they do, they may lead to vision loss, so you better have it checked and if you can prevent any damage.

I just had cataract surgery on one eye. I am having some irritation in the eye, is this normal. What type of side effects are most normal. I could not find this type of information on the internet.