I am bleeding very badly when I use the bathroom out of my butt. My dad died a few years ago of colon cancer and he found out he had it mainly from the bleeding. My mother said if I wiped and there was blood on the towel, it was the Hemmroids or something but it's a lot of blood in the toilet..I'm not a doctor person and i've seen so much cancer i'm really afraid. I'm a female and I know it's not my period, I haven't had anal sex, and I don't drink alcohol but once every few months. I do take medicine OTC to sleep.

i don't think so

but im not a doctor. i read up on it for u throught

You should seea GP, particularly with family history. I was diagnosed with ulcerative collitis when I had your symtoms, UC is a colon/bowel problem,there are meicines available and tests and treatments. OTC medicines are not good idea with these symptoms

Dear PHMIS
Please see your family doctor asap. Ask for screening, and possibly a colonoscopy. You need to know if the blood is occultic which could have come from tumors. So much can be done today with early detection of colonic cancer. The earlier the better. I had early detection, and an operation seems to have removed the tumor, and CT scans since then have not found any evidence of cancer.

As I am a nurse, I do agree with some of "Shepherd999's" post! Although there are many reasons for rectal bleeding aside from colon cancer, if you are still having a lot of blood in the toilet after a bowel movement, this would be a situation that needs to be assessed by a Physician right away. First of all, I would encourage you not to worry yourself into misery. However, I do believe that if you have not seen your family doctor yet, and your symptoms are still present, then you should do so AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! If you do not have a family doctor, other options are to be seen at a Walk-In Medical Clinic, or the ER. It is not worth putting off. Stay positive and good luck! :)