I have a terrible fear of getting sick...Iam scared of the stomach virus, can you help me?? Can i be cured? I constantly use hand sanitiser and I hate school just because of getting sick..

Hello there! There is a very big possibility that you may be suffering from a disorder called obsessive-compulsive disorder. It is a neurobiological disorder characterized by certain recurrent thoughts and as a response to the thoughts, a person does certain things hoping they would preventing obsessive thoughts or make them dissapear. (like washing your hands because you are afraid of catching a disease). The problem is that people who suffer from this disorder are aware of it but they have no control over such behavior.

Have you tried talking to someone about this? You should because there are people who could help you.

First thing you need to do is get help or at least talk to someone to see if this is your problem at all. How long have you had these fears? How old are you anyway?

There are two types of treatment for this kind of problems. You could take medication or attend “talk therapy” with a professional or you could do both.

If you don’t know who to turn to, you may talk to anybody who has any experience or connection to mental health. You could find a doctor or a nurse. You could also try talking to your parents. If you can’t find anybody like that, you may try to search under yellow pages for mental health, crisis intervention services, social services and they will be able to refer you to someone.
Listed below are the types of people and places that will make a referral to, or provide, diagnostic and treatment services.
You shouldn’t be ashamed of it. The sooner you get help or at least talk to someone the better. Let me know what you did.