i dont know why i do it, but over the past three yrs, i've been really depressed. i hate life. i hate everything. im never happy,i feel sick all the time. i also have an anxiety problem. over the past three or so years, i've noticed, that i bite my knuckles, and i dont know why. i'll unconsciously sit there and bite my knuckles until they're bloody and raw. i have big scars on them now and i still bite them. i dont even notice it until after i do it and i dont feel it at all, it literally doesnt hurt at all. i cant feel it at all. i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this disorder and can tell me why i do it? i would appreciate it. thanks. i also pick at places on my skin in any random place and i'll sit there and oick at it and pick at it until it bleeds and scabs over later and then i'll pick at it again and again. if i can get some info on this too, id appreciate it. i want to stop, but i dont know how. my family says that they are worried about me, and that they are here, but they dont care, they dont pay attention, they dont know me; nothing about me. all they care about is how they look and how i look and act to represent them. im so sick of being around ppl, i hate ppl and i hate life.

This sounds very similar to what I have experienced my whole life.
It is possible that you are suffering from depression, and from the sounds of it, it should have been diagnosed some time ago.
I know it's scary, but start by talking to your doctor.
The fact that you're biting and picking is what I relate to, and makes me think that your depression could be a chemical thing, which often attributes to anxiety and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder).
For years I have been biting my fingers. Not just my nails, but my fingers. Biting and peeling the skin off. From afar it just looks like I have really bad cuticles and hang-nails, but upon closer inspection it's easy to see that it's self-inflicted.
It is very important that you see a doctor. Especially if your OCD is presenting itself in a self-mutilating way. A chemical imbalance in your neurological system could be responsible for each of the things you described.
It is possible that you'll be recommended to talk to a counsellor before completely diagnosing you. Don't be afraid of this either. It doesn't mean you're "crazy" or that you're a "freak".
I only mention this because these are some of the feelings I had when I started seeing a psychologist/counsellor. But it's absolutely normal. If it wasn't a common thing, there wouldn't be doctors for it.

I will say for a third time: TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR! Don't be embarrassed, ashamed, or afraid.
It's time to take back your life and gain control over this thing that's been controlling you.

I have to agree with the previous poster, you need to seek attention. What you are describing can also be what is called Borderline Personality Disorder (amongst many other things), and one of the big signs of BPD is cutting/biting/scab picking of yourself.

I am the same Hun but it's both my arms they look a terrible mess but still do it till they bleed then dry thei pick scabs off

I am the same Hun but it's both my arms they look a terrible mess but still do it till they bleed then dry thei pick scabs off I go through this every year don't give up xxxx

Stop doing meth

Hi I bite my arms when I go to bed until there all red from blood and I just wanted to know if that is a OCD I’m not depressed but I have bad anxiety and stress