Users comments and reviews on article Habit disorders: How to prevent and treat Nail Biting by SirGan

it's nice for getting knowledge about nail biting/
can know about disorder n treatment

I have been bitting my nails since i could remeber..... it has cause my fingernails to be deformed. And i would consantly get infections around my fingernails its so nasty.... Usually i get my nails done with a hard plastic that goes over them. I know someone who soaked her nails in chicken poop.... ( i never did) I also say to my self everytime i stick a finger in my mouth is self control and remover it. Its very hard.... I have been diagonsed with anxiety disorder and everytime i get nervous, scared, bored, i bite... I even become obbsessed with it and i stop feeling pain and keep on bitting and i started to tear apart the wskin around my nails with my teeth. It was bad my friend i used to have to tell them to slap my hand or say something. But everytime they did i would freak out get scared and sad and start doing it again.

i have a friend that bites his nails really often, is got to the point that his job duties are jeopardize. today i understood how bad of a habit this is and i decided to help him. thanks.

well, i hav ths habit since childhood, though i hav cöntrolld it to a cosidrable xtnt ..... I cn nt help it while studing.....as xam cum around d cornr i strt chopin thm off n d worst part i nvr realise wen i strt biting nail its only aftr i chop off few nails tht i realize havin been nail biting......
As tym goes i grow thm bt again i chop thm off during xams.....
Im a dental studnt, i advice my patients to stop their habit n counsel thm.......
though i knw abt al d side effcts nothings seems to help me....

i need help

Ibogaine should help.