Ever since I was young I've peeled the inside of my lips to where they bleed. It started in 3rd grade and now I'm a junior in college. It's so bad that when I do start peeling my lips I have to peel the whole inside of my mouth. It doesn't matter where I am at or who is staring at me when I'm doing it. First I start biting and then I put my fingers in my mouth and just pick and peel the inside. I'll be in class and when I get the urge sometimes I excuse myself to the bathroom so I can just pull the skin out of my mouth. When I start peeling I can't think about anything else, I have to peel all of it out. I'll be in the middle of writing a paper and I have to stop and I peel my mouth for hours, I can't return to writing my paper until I can't peel anymore. I'll be in bed and won't sleep for hours. I even get tweezers out so I can peel spots my fingers can't reach. I have scars in my mouth. I'm tired of it consuming so much of my time. I can't do or think about anything else when I start to peel my lips. My mom and I thought I did it when I get depressed because it started when my parents got a divorce but now I think it it directly related to stress most of the time. My mom and boyfriend will slap my hands out of my mouth when they see me doing it and I get upset, sometimes I'll go in the bathroom and hide so I can do it. It consumes me and I have no idea how to go about. Am I the only one that does this? I feel like its a form of ocd. Any advice or anything?

You are an adult who does not need to have their hands slapped out of their mouth.
Sounds like it is a form of OCD or a self mutilation thing. I do the same exact thing only i pick my thumbs until they bleed. I have done this since i was small. If i can't start a fresh piece of skin by picking it, i grab an object like a pair of nippers, a pin or needle, a bent up paperclip, any thing sharp to get the process of picking started. When i was in school, the nuns would crack my hands with a yard stick when they saw me do it.
I like my long nails, but due to my picking at the skin, i have deadened the nail beds in my thumbs causing my thumb nails to grow crooked. I have to keep my thumb nails shorter than the other ones, as it it quite noticeable. I tried wrapping the in bandaids, but i pick them off too. I tried to sit on my hands, i tried wearing gloves in the house which frustrates me. Cleaning products about send me to the moon when i'm cleaning, they sting and hurt even more than normal. I even hold a pen funny as i can put any pressure on my thumbs.

I find i actually enjoy picking at my fingers and if it hurts, i just keep doing it :$ In my head, if it doesn't hurt, i'm not getting the job done properly. (oh brother 8-| ) I have been talking to a friend of mine who is a licensed therapist who deals with compulsive issues, just over the phone. I have other "quirks" if you will, that we're trying to remedy. She suggested an anxiey med, but i refused that.
You may need to see someone to, it's not degrading or humiliating.

When the urge to pick hits, i pick up an object, like a pencil or the remote. I will focus on the object in my hand until my thoughts trail off the thumb picking. It works, but sometimes the urge out weighs the object i'm trying to focus on. If you decide to talk to someone, they will teach you some excercises that will help re train your thinking process a bit. It won't hurt just to look into it.
Just be careful what you put in your mouth to help get the "picking process" started. You are opening wounds in your mouth and putting objects in there could start an infection.

Yes, it is a form of OCD. Regular physical exercise can help you control your OCD. Chewing sugarless gum on a regular basis may also be helpful.