Whenever I am really focused on the computer (Adobe Photoshop), taking a test, studying, hw, etc., I always find myself to be biting my inner cheek. So severely that it causes a huge lump to form. I'm scared that one day I am going to completely bite the inside of my mouth off! I also press my lips together really tightly which cause my lips to turn dark red and sometimes very painful. Are these just things that help me concentrate or is it something else? HELP!

I have been doing this for years.i usually. Dont even know i am doing it.i have tried to stop soo many times.never even close try asking your dentist for an NTI device. It is like a ti.y mouthguard that only covers your two front teeth.you can wear it during the day if possible and at night.it is meant to stop bruxism.wbich is teeth grinding .it too is a habit. Habits like this can broke in a month.the device keeps your teeth apart. So you cant bite down all the way.