I'm 13, and I can't stop biting myself. When I was young, around 3, my parents split up and moved to different places. I would only see my dad every other weekend. My mom was unemployed for a long time and my dad would give my mom the money to pay for the bills. My mom had a friend that moved in with my mom, my brother, and me, when I was around five years old. She lived with us for about five to six years and she moved out when I was around ten to eleven. Little did we know that she was an alcoholic. When she got drunk, she was violent. She never hurt me. She hurt my mom. When she was sober and she and my mom would fight, she would run into my room after the fight and told me that it was my fault that they fought. I always thought of myself as a terrible person and that I didn't deserve to live. When I was around 7 my grandmother decided to sleep over one night. I woke up in the middle of the night, went into the kitchen, and got a knife. Just as I was about to stab myself myself! My grandmother walked in and led me back to my bed she would held me when I cried. I was about 9 years old when my grandmother died, and I wanted to die too so I scratched myself and it hurt. I thought I deserved it being the terrible person I was. When my moms friend moved out everything got better. Then, a couple months ago my dad moved in because my mom needed help to pay for the house. I am in the middle of everything now. My dad calls my mom names and my mom keeps telling me how much she hates my dad and she wants him to leave. I love them both. I'm doing terrible in school and there are alot of people bullying me and my friends, which I have only 4 of, and my teachers and my guidance counselors are calling me lazy. I have all of the symptoms of ADHD and my mom is going to take me to get tested. All this time, ever since first grade I've been called lazy by my teachers and I might have a disorder? What the hell! My teachers made me cry because I felt like a f**king id**t and that I was a useless piece of s**t! Sometimes I just get so upset and everything gets jumbled up in my head and I can't concentrate on anything. Like everything in my mind is running all over the place. I get so nervous that I bite my arms really hard and sometimes I bite my arms so hard that you can see a mark for days. I bite myself when I'm sad, annoyed, nervous, angry, scared, and anxious. I don't know what to do!

its ok, ur not to blame for this. my parents split when i was 2 i dont see my dad as he is all ways abroad. i myself have never been in this situation but my boy friend was for 6 years. he even nearly died form it. and ur teachers are either stupid themselves or to lazy to be bother to help my teachers have never been like that, i go to the royal school armagh. i hope this helps its nothing really but with experience from my bf a few kind words can make al the difference.

sophie age 12

;-)

none of this if your fault. you're mums having a rough time and doesn't know what to do and takes it out on you, which is really hard. your mum probably feels a lot of regret after blaming you, but doesn't know how to apologise. if you've already tried the school counselors and they aren't any help, then you could ask your  mum to take to see someone. or go on your own, because personally i know that it's really hard to talk about these things with parents. let me know if  can help you with anything else.

I feel so bad for you! Your mom's friend sounds like one abusive alcoholic drunk! Thank god she moved out!

i feel ur pain. i had a screwed up childhood too.(im13) when i was six months old my mom and dad separated but i ended up going into foster and that goes for my sister who is 3 years older than me . i didnt really meet my sis until i was 6 i had no idea i even had a sister. i ended up getting out of foster care at 6 and moved in with my dad. everything was fine until i ture 8or9 i started fighting like HELL with my dad. 2 years ago i got into a huge fight with him i mean a fist fight. in the end i ended up getting scraped and cut all over. he got a back eye and a bloody lip. (did i mention we were really poor and sometimes we would have no electricity in the house and i wouldnt eat for two days sometimes) i ended up moving to california. but during all that time i was the lucky one i was a straight A student with all the BS going on but my sister was failing all her classes even PE and would someties ditch school. now shes a B student and im an A+ student. but during that time instead of biting myself i was always really really MAD so i saw a counsalor and i stopped being mad all the time and i think u should too hope i helped.

(I realise that this in now a year and quite a few days later, But I'm you age and have the same anger-management tactic as you did.)
I had a very solitary life all throughout elimentary school. No friends in class (exept in 3rd grade, but he left mid-way through school.), so I had no solcial skills. Then I entered middle school, and things changed. I got more friends, a girlfriend even. But I was (and am) defencive and aggresive in my mind. I imagined beating up criminals who threatened me and my girlfriend, but I was often stuck there, and when I "woke up" my adrenaline levels went up. The only way I could really calm down is either hyperventilate or bite somewhere on my arm. Then in the middle-end of the 8th grade My girlfriend broke up with me for an 18-year-old in New York, then 'broke up' with him for a now 15-year old in highschool. Being me, I began imagining kicking his butt, but same deal- high adrenaline-Biting-calming down. I'm mostly over it now, but I still have defend-thy-family fits from time to time. I hope you calm down, and good luck. ^-^

I dont know how you feel but both of my best fiends are depressed (we're 13) one of them severly...she's tried to kill herself multiple times...she strangled herself and cut herself...she's so much better now, because she got help :) she went to the dr's she went to the counciler, and she's really good now. :) maybe u could try some of those things...another thing you could do to stop urself from biting is using the butterfly challenge its when u draw a butterfly on ur wrist and name it after someone u love and care fore and if u bite ur self ur hurting that person too...it's just a way to stop ur self...:) i hope this helped and btw that friend of ur mums sound really horrible and im sorry u've been put in this mess its TOTALLY not ur FAULT!

hi,i am mom of 5 from Denmark...i am so sorry that you have to experience all this insanity from your home....LIFE is not meant to be this way...LIFE is for LIVING and living fully.....with happiness,true love,peace,harmony,contentment and FULFILLMENT....NOW THIS IS POSSIBLE! .but it will NOT COME from your parents,nor any boy friend,OR ANYONE but can only be located DEEP INSIDE OF YOURSELF......YOU SEE,WE HUMANS ARE ALL BORN INTO A WORLD OF ILlUISION.THERE IS NOTHING REAL ABOUT IT.i do not mean the Earth,she is our GIVING MOTHER,but the world is something different...it is all the so called humans ( hu-man means great and wise! what a laugh huh?when a little child grows up ,the dark side of the force tries to take over. we must become pure again,like a little child...and sit on top of our ego,instead of it sitting on us,and telling us lies and deceiving us.How can we be free again? well,find the ancient knowledge of returning to the GARDEN...PULL UP ON THE NET THE SONG THAT JONI MITCHELL wrote at the time of the greatest festival in history took place ,namely" WOODSTOCK....( SEE IT ON THE NET OR GET IF FROM YOUR LIBRARY,OR DVD SHOP!...YOU will SEE ,a kind of heaven on earth,the true people of peace,the teens of 1969.....my mom was a creator of it..... BUT regardless of what happens out side of us,we must take our focus INSIDE.....INSIDE OF YOU IS A VERY PRIVATE AND TRULY HOLY PLACE THAT CAN BE KNOWN ONLY TO YOU. IT IS YOUR PRIVATE GARDEN....PURE,TOTAL HARMONY,AND IMMACULATE BEAUTY AND LOVE...THE REAL LOVE,that comes only from the SOURCE of all LOVE and LIGHT in the Universe...".NOW YOU SEE that YOU are REAL....spending all your LIFE at EASE.LIFE'S OURS for the making....PURE JOY is WAITING for YOU and me,HAVE YOU HEARD,?HAVE YOU HEARD? these are words from the great group from England,..'THE MOODY BLUES. LISTEN ON THE NET ESP. THEIR MOST COSMIC CD.." IN SEARCH OF THE LOST CHORD" AND ALSO GET THEIR PLAY LIST.. have you heard the SOUND of the atoms singing.( see 'string theory on the net,and proposed by pythagorus thousands of years ago.Humans ,when they reach past puberty...should get their 3rd eye re-opened...so they can behold the PERFECTION of that Universe INSIDE...if you are interested in receiving this know how ,contact me...put me down as a friend and i will communicate with you...remember what a friend of my mom's said in his song" ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE"WHAT JOHN SAID IS TRUE....may the Universe of PURE LOVE and LIGHT,BE WITH YOU ALWAYS!

it is I the mom again....hope that you read my reply post.....all in this world is illusion.....but REALITY EXISTS WITHIN.INSIDE of YOU.there ..IS AN ENTIRE UNIVERSE OF PURE LIGHT AND LOVE..Right INSIDE of you......no one can get this from the world,or PEOPLE. You can be able to go there ,if you have the Knowledge to do so....then you will KNOW what REAL LOVE IS..if you want to re-discover the TRUE MAJIK.....the way back to the HEART of HEARTS.....Life is not meant for sorrow,or pain,but for JOY ,LOVE,HARMONY,COMPASSION,CONTENTMENT,and that FULFILLMENT that you seek,.......................................you are in all reality a being of pure SPIRIT,and LIGHT..............neither philosophy ,nor religion can reveal this .....only.... the INNER-KNOWLEDGE.can.................IF YOU WISH THE KNOW HOW,send me a message......

. the daughter of a mom who was close friend with JOHN,who sang 'ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE"

The first to undstand the mother above me gets a... uh... a fine nickle... and a complimentary dime... and an aditional penny for the road...

That's no way to speak about your soul mate.

After 9 enduring months, I have returned... Only to, at this point, call you out as a stalker.