Hi. 33 yo M and still biting my nails. So called severe adult nail biting (whatever). Anyway, don`t know how to get rid of this ugly habit? Many people bite their nails, but I wanna stop with that. What to do? Pretty desperate here!

Hi. Severe adult nail biting is a form of obsessive disorder. And compulsive, too. You must prevent yourself from putting your fingers in your mouth. Simply as that. There are also many behavioral approaches that can help you. Awareness is the main way. You are aware of your habit and that is the first step in fighting it. I was biting my nails when I was a kid and my Mom used to put some alcohol on my fingers to make me stop.

I am also a severe nailbiter, I bite them so low, I can't even have acrylics fitted, if any other severe biters wish to try and stop together ? help each other, support etc,

I saw that you posted your message over a year ago. Are you still biting your nails? I am a guy with the same bad habit but succumbed to it because no techniquie to break the habit worked, including hypnotherapy and anti-anxiety medication. I decided it is better to live with the habit than be miserable because I cannot stop.

maybe we are bored..i bite my nails too (most of the time) i am 33 years old too..my friend say im still a child because i bite my nails..i just cant explain..