My sister’s son is diagnosed with anaphylaxis and I know he’s allergic on food. I’d like to get some general info about anaphylaxis what causes it and what is the best anaphylaxis treatment? Thanks.

Hi! My 7 years old daughter has anaphylaxis. This is severe condition that in some cases may be fatal if the affected person is not helped quickly for the symptoms may occur within a minutes after contact with the substance the patient is allergic on. My daughter is also allergic on food such as nuts and tree nuts and shellfish, but the allergens may also be egg, cheese, milk and so on. And symptoms may begun in a few minutes after consuming specific food and it is very important to react on time and always have a medication prepared for the anaphylactic reaction. The symptoms that warns that the anaphylactic reaction is about to begin are tingling, itching and some strange taste metal alike in the mouth, but also asthma symptoms swelling around the mouth and throat area, breathless, diarrhea, low blood pressure and so on. Also anaphylaxis is not caused only by food but also with medication, insert stings and latex. My daughter is prescribed epinephrine and I always carry it with me in case of sudden anaphylaxis reaction for it is very important in these cases to react as quickly as much for the consequences may be fatal.

Anaphylaxis refers to a rapidly developing and serious allergic reaction that affects a number of different areas of the body at one time. Severe anaphylactic reactions can be fatal. Most people experience allergy symptoms only as a minor annoyance. However, a small number of allergic people are susceptible to a reaction that can lead to shock or even death. Fortunately, anaphylaxis is rare. The death rate from anaphylaxis is about 1 out of every 2.5 million people per year.

Anaphylaxis is often triggered by substances that are injected or ingested and thereby gain access into the blood stream. An explosive reaction involving the skin, lungs, nose, throat, and gastrointestinal tract can then result. Although severe cases of anaphylaxis can occur within seconds or minutes of exposure and be fatal if untreated, many reactions are milder and can be ended with prompt medical therapy.

Vitamin C and Quercetin both are good natural anti-histamine agents and therefore important in the treatment of Allergies. Bioflavonoid Mix potentiates the functions of vitamin C. MSM and essential fatty acids contained in Flaxseed have the property to reduce inflammatory reactions and are therefore indicated in the treatment of allergies. Thymus is included in the treatment of Allergies as it has been shown to calm the immune response. Lactobacillus Acidophilus are thought to reduce the potential for allergies. Nettle has demonstrated to be effective against hay fever. Betaine HCl assists in the digestion of food and reduces the potential for food allergies.

If you are concerned or unsure about your symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider for professional medical advice.