I would like to know what tis drug is used for my doctor did not tell me

First of all, if your doctor is prescribing medications for you and not telling you what it is or what it is for, GET ANOTHER DOCTOR! Your doctor should ALWAYS tell you what a medication is for.

Hydroxyzine (hydroxyz hcl) is used for the short-term treatment of nervousness and tension that may occur with certain mental/mood disorders (e.g., anxiety, dementia). It is also used to treat itching from allergies and other causes (e.g., reactions to certain drugs). It may also be used to help you feel calmer before/after surgery, or to help certain narcotic pain relievers (e.g., meperidine) work better.

Hydroxyzine belongs to a class of medications called antihistamines. It works by blocking a certain natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction. Its other effects (e.g., calming, pain relief) may work by affecting other natural substances (e.g., acetylcholine, serotonin) or by acting directly on certain parts of the brain.