Hi! A month ago I had breathlessness during the exercise. I noticed that something is wrong so, I went to a doctor. After some tests, he told me that I probably have pulmonary fibrosis. I have scar on right lung. Doctor suggested me lung biopsy. Tell me something about pulmonary fibrosis. What is the treatment?

Hi! My wife also has this disease. Pulmonary fibrosis is a lung disease causing inflammation and scarring of the alveoli and interstitial tissues of the lungs. Breathlessness is the symptom of pulmonary fibrosis. If your doctor determines cause of pulmonary fibrosis then he can give you right therapy. He can treat underlying disease or remove you from the environment which is cause of the disease. Sometimes treatment is limited only to treating the inflammatory response that occurs in the lungs. Rehabilitation and education programmes also can help. If you smoke you should quit smoking.