This has just started happening to me recently. Just turned 35, nothings changed in my living habits or at work except maybe more stress since takeing on a managment position. In the past month on a very often basis my heart feels like its skipping a beat then races, leaving me short winded. After a couple of long deep breaths everythings fine again.

My question is, is there something in a diet routine or maybe i should start doing a excercie routine couple of times a week? is this a sympton of poor heath or something that i can't fix myself.

Irregular or skipped heartbeats, known also as heart palpitations, can be normal sometimes, like in pregnancy, but in most cases they need to be checked by your doctor. They could be a sign of some other health conditions, such as problems with thyroid gland, but they also can cause potentially very serious problems such as blood clots or heart problems.

Still, stress does remain one of the major causes for heart problems, together with habits like smoking or drinking. If stress is having such an effect on you now, than it's definitely the best to asses the both stress levels and the condition your heart is in now, before teh problems had time to accumulate and cause any more problems.

Doing some breathing execises and taking B12 will help a whole lot.