I am 15 years old and for the past 5 months or so have been experiancing some problems. Usually at night (does occur in the day) i find that i have to put more effort into my breathing. I am an asthmetic but have had no serious problems since birth. Along with my breathing i notice that whenever i take deep breaths my heart seems to beat twice as fast just for a moment. I had an EKG and an X-Ray of my lungs done but those showed nothing. I looked into MSG because these problems are current and i had just currently been introduced to off campus lunch at my school and my diet has been worse. After these heart poundings i get a throbing, pulling, stabing pain on the upper and lower left half of my heart. I have gotten neck pains and back pains but i relate those to my bad posture, though they do occur before and after these problems. At night i have woken up gasping for air and extremely dizzy to what felt like i had been unconsious, my heart had stopped, and was failing to breath. My family has a history of heart problem...my mother has frequent palputations and my sister has a longer heart beat or long EQ i belive. Can you help me determine whether this is a serious condition or if i am haveing anxiety? Thank you

i've had things like these for a long time... hm... for 4 years... it doesn't go away on its own... probably a problem with food or something... go to your doctor... i'm suspecting MSG myself... hard to be sure though... best of luck...

Just my opinion.... Sounds like your heart and lungs are okay...

You may be experiencing some anxiety- panic attacks. These can occur anytime you may feel stressed. There are several medications that could help.

Also, check your blood sugar levels. You may try eating smaller frequent meals throughout the day to prevent Hypoglycemic episodes.

Your doctor would be the best place to find out... there are so many things such at Thyroid disorders, and hormonal imbalances... some labwork would be a way to check... you should feel comfortable talking to your doctor... write down your symptoms so you can remember them... don't feel like you are "crazy" if they suggest some medication... it is all about how you can feel better, and trusting your doctor... Good luck to you!!

The solution to your problem , I think, will be revealed by asleep study. By the description of your symptoms I suspect that you have sleep apnea.

I hope that you get well soon.

diet, stress, fact your an asthmatic... the sleep apnea mentioned is intriguing. You need a look over including test of the blood for all major levels, thyroid-hormone, have your heart listened to by a cardiologist. This could be heart related. Could be anything from anemia to apnea... If anything has changed in your life, I would make an attempt to put it back to the way it was......ultimately self diagnosis is hard, you need lots of input, study and Doctors to do this. You should be active in your own diagnosis... Good luck

I have the same promblem.I was admitted to hospital last week and i also had an ekg and x-rays.I also had bloodtests and the only problem that was found that is that i have a high redblood count.Im 38 years old and i also get short of breath,feels like my heart stops sometimes and my my pulse is 130.I had this problem for years now and i also think it is panic attacks.It gets worse when im worried.
Mine is not heart related.I needed oxygen and my x-rays was clean.

i know this is an old post, but considering how many years i had these same problems that kept getting wrongly diagnosed, i thought i'd post. go get you thyroid checked! and not just a regular test, make sure they also test your antibodies. i had the same issues from teenage on up until finally at age 28, when i had been treated by neurologist, cardiologist, and a million other specialist and test and sorta gave up. finally during my fourth pregnancy i got really worse and i went to a good old fashioned family dr. he took the time to listen and refused to send me to someone else for test. he ran thyroid test even though i said i had been tested a billion times. this time he ran the antibody test and it was through the roof. he said my thyroid was slowly being eaten away and that within a year it would begin to stop working. at first i didn't want to take anymore meds and was on like 6 meds a few times a day. so i waited. sure enough my thyroid levels rose(that's what happens when it doesn't work properly) i began the meds. and once they got my thyroid levels in check all my symptoms went away and i was able to stop taking all those other meds and seeing all the specialist.

Not really sure about what that chest pain could have been caused from. But all the other symptoms sounds like the same symptoms I have from sleep apnea. Also, you may be having anxiety problems.

where are your parents in all this? Did they ask the doctors about your condition? I feel you are beyond your years to ask relevant questions. Looks like you might have a heart problem you might want to see a cardiologist very soon. If you have coffee tea soft drinks that can mimic heart problems too. SEE A CARDIOLOGIST.

Research symptoms of lyme ASAP

I see you posted over a year ago...not sure if you still follow this,, I too was diagnosed with Hashi motos after my 3rd child was born after years of not feeling well. I don't take my meds regularly Why..I simply forget..I think my thyroid is off because of it and just went in for a blood test to check it and Iron. I have horrid anxiety...I cant even watch a scary show with out having panic attacks. I wonder if my thyroid has to do with it. maybe I should get better about taking my meds...

In my experience . I have those symptoms too . I thought it was a heart attack. So they rushed me to the ER and i am diagnosed with acute gastritis. And cut all the happiness in my life including alcohol and tobacco. Now im experiencing nicotine withdrawal. Wish me luck guys