I'm 22 years old and not often ill. This morning I woke up with a horrible abdominal pain, I couldn't move for a while. I got out of bed,

by the time my feet reached the floor, I started seeing black stars and feeling dizzy. My heart started pounding really fast and hard

and I started having trouble breathing. My upper-body got really hot. After three steps, I started loosing the feeling of my legs, so I fell

on the floor. I couldn't see or hear a thing. I could barely breath, and the abdominal pain was worse. I was very conscious, my eyes

were wide open, and I was well awake, but still, I couldn't see or hear, I had shortness of breath and the pain was still very present.

About 15 minutes later without moving, it passed.

I've had a few anxiety attacks in the past, but they didn't manifest themselves that way, so I doubt it was an anxiety attack. I've

been under a lot of stress lately, but still, I've never had anything like that happen to me. It could be attributed to a lack of

sugar, or low blood pressure (black stars, and dizziness) or bad nutrition, but I've been eating very well and balanced. I keep a close

eye on my blood pressure and I make sure to eat enough sugar a day. I've never had any heart related problems.

I don't know if anyone can relate, or has heard of similar symptoms. I don't understand nor see from where this might have come

from...

If anyone can help me, I would be grateful.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

I really think you should see a doctor about this. You just recovered from symptoms of anaphylaxis. Are you on any medications that can give you an allergic reaction? Do you have a history of eating disorder such as anorexia or bulimia? I am asking you this because you mentioned that you monitored your blood pressure and sugar intake very diligently, and you seem to subconsciously know why you were having these attacks. This is a typical trademark of somebody with an eating disorder. Please see a doctor as soon as possible. Your next episode may kill you.

Thank you for answering.
I'm not on any medication, and I've never been allergic to anything. I monitor my blood pressure because it's extremely low, and my sugar intake because I'm hypoglycemic. During my teenage years I was anorexic and bulimic, but never had an attack resembling the one I got this morning.
I've lost 20 pounds since September,of which 7 this last week, due to stress and anxiety. I haven't fallen back into anorexia nor bulimia, and don't plan to. I'm not depriving myself. I'm very careful to eat all the calories that I need a day, and balanced, although I have to be honest it's been hard to find my appetite. I'm at 106 pounds for 5feet4, I know it would be better if I weighted at least 10 pounds more. I'll follow your advice and go to get checked as soon as I can.

Thank you again for taking your time to answer :-)

last week I had an accident with a razor blade that ended up slicing a piece of skin off my finger. The cut was deep and i wouldnt stop bleeding. the cut wasnt a big deal but nontheless i panicked. I felt hot all of a sudden, i had shortness of breath, my heart rate increased and for 30 seconds i completely lost my eyesight. I lost the strength in my legs and fell to the ground. when my eyesight returned i lost my hearing and after a few minutes i had snapped out of it. just as fast as it came it left. the rest of the day i felt nausiated and my shortness of breath would come and go. im known to get anxiety attacks when im under stress but i had never experience anything like i did that time. Im kind of scared because I think it was such a big reaction to such a common situation so what will my body do if i find myself in a more unfortunate situation? or perhaps the cut triggered a reaction to all the stress my body had been holding on to resently. which would make sense in your case since weight loss can cause great stress to your body if not done properly.

u had the symptoms when you had gotten out of bed and for a longer period of time so what im wondering is if what happened has to do with stress or a medical condition?

I do not have an answer for you but my daughter had almost identical symptoms when she woke up yesterday. I hope the answer comes soon and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Hi I'm 17 years old and this morning i had the exact symptoms as you. Since I am in my summer vacation, I have been sleeping in for quite some time, sometimes not getting out of bed until 3 in the afternoon. This morning, I awoke around 10 in the morning with a strong abdominal pain. I have always had stomach problems, due to my lactose intolerance in a very high level. I've always had a little bit of gastritis and acid reflux due to this, and so the occasional stomach ache is nothing new to me. I went to the bathroom and right then I began feeling very dizzy and nauseous. I didn't know if it were due to standing up too fast from my bed from the excessive sleeping or what, but I knew something wasn't right when I began seeing spots of black and different colors. I had pressure on my forehead and my abdomen, and for 5 minutes I dealt with not being able to see. At one point, my hearing went out too, and in another 5 minutes it came back but distorted, as if noises were far away in another room. I laid down on the floor due to an extreme amount of pain in my abdomen, and when my mom found me, she gave me some water, gatorade, and a cookie. She had no idea what it was, and she thought it could be my sugar level dropped. Since this episode, I feel fine except a little worn out and a persistent headache (although it's just mild). Something similar happened once more at school a year and a half ago, when I was in class taking a test. My abdomen began hurting a little bit, and then I began feeling dizzy and had the same vision problem as I did this morning (however it was not as sever and I could still see somewhat). I went to the bathroom so that I could have some privacy and regain my balance, and put water on my face. It subsided, but I still had a minute headache. I don't know if these two things are related, or what caused them, but it is a terrifying feeling and I would like to find a solution to this. I have some anxiety problems, but nothing that was ever treated with medication or such. I don't believe this is a problem of anxiety, but maybe it has to do with a migraine? I have occasional migraines, so maybe this might be a severe one (I've heard that with intense migraines people feel auras right before). If you find anything, please let me know so that I might have a solution to my own problem. Thanks.