My sister has three boys, 5, 7 and 9 year. She has lots of trouble to keep them calm. She stated giving them Adderall She feels big relief since. I am not sure that this is the right solution, I am very worried. And I know once or twice when she was anxious she also took Adderall. I am afraid that Adderall will become solution for every problem. Is Adderall prescribed for adults as well as children? Can they become addict on Adderall?

The CNS stimulants, like Adderall is, are known to decrease hyperactivity and aggression in children. It is approved for use in age 3 and older, so I think that it has been prescribed for adults. Warn her that Adderall is potentially addictive drug especially among the people who do not have ADHD. There are other ways to keep the children calm.

It is indeed prescribed to adults. However, it’s not easy to get...thankfully. One must go through some testing. You also need to see a psychiatrist for this condition. At a certain age you’ll need an ekg as well prior to being prescribed this drug. Yes, there are other ways to calm children but if their brain chemistry is off, good luck with that. It will be a life long battle for the parents and the children.