Do you think it is rude?

Have you ever thought it was rude?

Is it ever acceptable?

I guess it's a part of life. It is what you make of it if you are on the receiving end. When I was drag racing we had a winning dragster, to the point where we seldom lost a race. We had over 200 trophies on the floor of our garage in one corner after about 5 years when we stopped taking them. We made a deal with the track operators to just give us 5 bucks, the approximate cost of a trophy instead, for a case of beer. One day when we had someone riding in the back seat of my push car he mentioned to us when we got back in the pits that the crowd was booing us as we came down the return road in front of the stands. We had never noticed it probably because we were to intent on watching our dragster as we pushed it. The next time we listened and he was right. That continued for the rest of our racing career. Years later I heard the TV announcer say the crowd always booed Jeff Gordon after he started winning. So I guess it really depends on how you take it.

I think it depends on who you're booing and how many beers you've had.

I boo other runners when I pass them in races. And then I tell them how much they sucked at the finish line.....

This is from PH's book of "Encouraging Others Tthrough Shame and Humiliation", right?
:teehee:

:teehee:
When I pass high school runners, I make a comment about having kids older than they are.

It's better that getting the Bronx cheer.

If I could pass high school runners, I'd make a comment about having kids older than they are.

and I thought you people were yelling woohoo

I only boo at grade school soccer games.

Good plan.

:fubby:
anything in the name of good sportsmanship
remember when roseanne was boo'ed for the National Anthem fiasco? she deserved it.

Even the ones who trip and fall into nonexistant craters, permanently disfiguring themselves, while being mugged by pygmies, resulting in temporary amnesia, along the way?

:1:
I would only use booing during political rallies, and even then it's much more effective and fun to yell nasty comments...

It hasn't gone over to well for me when I boo in staff meetings.......