Hey. I have a few question for you guys and I really hope that you will answer me soon.

I still haven’t spayed my Boo. Yesterday he run away from my yard, but he came back after a few hours.

My neighbor told me that her Pekingese dog run away the same day. She came back home another day.

I was talking with her today and she told me that this would never happen with spayed dog.

Our dogs are not spayed.

We are wondering – what is the best time to spay your dog?

My Boo is almost 7 months now.

Hello. But nothing happened, right? :)

I had this situation with all my dogs and trust me, I know the feeling :)

I don’t know but I am a little bit sorry when I read that you want to spay your dog :) I say this because for me Boo is unique dog and your dog is male, not a female :) You should think once again :)

When I did some research I found that most vets recommend dogs to be spayed between 6 and 9 months of age. Your Boo is 7 months old so you can do this now.

Hello. Yes Boo is really unique but if you don’t want a lot of puppies without their homes, you should do this. Like Love is pet already told you it is maybe a right time to spay your Boo because he is almost 7 months old. Actually, his age is prefect. It is not good just to prevent a lot of unwanted puppies. It is actually very good for your dog’s health. There are so many benefits after this procedure. Of course there are some side – effects after this, but you should always be in touch with your vet. Avoid low cost clinics.

Hey everyone,

I actually think that you shouldn’t spay your dog. Boo is a male dog and they usually never take this that good and sometimes, it kills their will for living. I mean, it’s not natural so I don’t know why everyone thinks it’s healthy for them. I really think that it’s something that you shouldn’t do.

It is done when your dog is about 5 months old as far as I know, but you can do it anytime. There is an unwritten rule that you shouldn’t spay your dog when he is in heat. Since this doesn’t happen to male dogs, you can really do it anytime.

Hey everyone.

DS991 for a mother of God, why you want to do this with your Boo?

I don’t agree with this. Maybe I don’t have a clue since I am a new pet owner. My dog is male as well and he is still puppy.

I had this idea that he needs to be spayed but then I consulted my vet.

He told me that I can do this and that I should do this when my dog turns 8 months.

But also he told me that I don’t need to do this. There are so many ways for your dog to maintain its health. I respect your opinion Dog Whisperer, like always. But now I don’t agree with it.

Hey :) Um, sorry because I asked this question :)

I am joking of course.

Well after this little accident I was talking with my neighbor and she told me that I need to do this as soon as possible. I was surprised a little bit because my Boo is male dog, but I don’t know that much about it and she claims that she knows a lot about the dogs.

She told me that there are so many benefits of this just like Dog Whisperer wrote here.

So now I really don’t know what to do and should I do this to my Boo?

Hi there,

I’m thinking the exact same thing Millie cat. I will always choose to spay my female dogs, and I always did. But so far, I have never, ever spayed a male dog.

Look at it this way: if you have a male dog, he runs away, he makes puppies to a female dog, and you never know about it. The guilt is on the owner of that female dog for not spaying his dog or, for not taking care of her while she is in heat. If you have a female dog, it’s up to you to spay her, and to pay attention that she doesn’t get puppies (unless you want them).

Yes! That is it what I am trying to tell you :)

There is no need to do this because it is not your dog’s fault. At all :)

With female dogs it is totally different story and in this case you should do this :)

Maybe they are benefits of neutering (not spaying) your male dog such as reducing stress, aggression, risk of being attacked by other dogs, prevents testicular cancer, etc.

But as I can notice your Boo is home dog and I am sure that you treat him just fine.

So there is no reason for you to do this.

I understand what Dog Whisperer wants to tell you, but sill I think that you should not neuter your Boo.

Hey everyone,

DS991, aside that your Boo is a male dog and that you shouldn’t spay him, I’ll tell you about spaying a dog in general.

You can spay your dog at anytime, although it’s advised to do it in certain periods of his life.

Firstly, it is best to spay your dog after he is eight weeks old, and until his first heat. That’s when it is healthiest. It’s never smart to do this while your dog is in heat for it will cause additional complications.

So, if you don’t spay your before his first heat, you can do it anytime later, as long as he isn’t in heat at that time.

Hey guys,

I’ll agree with everybody who said that you shouldn’t spay your Boo. It’s just not normal to spay your male dog. I’m not sure how would you even do that.

I’ll give you the info that others already gave you: spaying time is when your dog is between 2 months old and until his first heat. If you miss that, you can do it at anytime as long as he isn’t in heat.

Your male dog is never actually in heat although he is always chasing female dogs, especially when these dogs are in heat.
It’s up to the owners of female dogs to spay their dogs.