Anyone ever do this?

The DH is getting one done tonight. He definitely has sleep apnea, to the point that it scares me sometimes, because he'll stop breathing mid-snore!

Anyway, since we have met the "family deductible" (!!!) for our health insurance plan due to his surgery and the preceding dr visits, he's decided to get one done.

As a funny, when he scheduled it, I heard him ask the person setting the appointment if his wife could come with him!!!!

No dear, it's a SLEEP study, not something else.. :teehee:

My MRI for my ankle is tomorrow morning. Between all this and the three barbed fishhook through the hand incident last Sunday (him, not me) we are giving the hospital all kinds of business!

Is that like when I fall asleep on my books when trying to study? Because I did that last night....Oh...nevermind...

Sleep study...isn't that during college when you go to the library, find a cubie, use a couple books for pillows, set your head down for just a minute and an hour and a half go by where you wake to a puddle of drool running off the desk top and the print on the cover of the book has soaked into your cheek?

...naw

never done it.

Sigh. You peeps are being cute today.

The thing is, I don't know what this is going to prove. Duh, yea, he has sleep apnea. Anyone could figure that out. Hopefully some form of treatment other than surgery or drugs.

I don't know much (but I know I love yoooooouuu...that may be...all I need...oh sorry) I don't know much about it but I had 4 former coworkers do sleep studies. You're right, I don't know what it proved, I think they all went into it knowing they had sleep apnea. I think 2 of them ended up with these breathing machines they had to sleep with and all were told "if you lose weight the problem will go away." :shrug:
I'm going to be laughed out of the forum: I swear my cat has sleep apnea. Its scary! sometimes I wake him up just so he'll breath again. shut up. you'd be worried too if it was your cat.

See, he lost a bunch of weight for the surgery (and after!) and has put a little back on but he's still in good shape, probably better than he has been in years thanks to the new hips! Oh well. If nothing else, it can't hurt.

A cat could have sleep apnea. My dog snores once in a while too. It's very ladylike.

I had it done some years ago at the insistence of my wife. It was a bit strange getting all wired up with the sensors but after falling asleep you forget about it.

Results were I did have a "mild" form of Apnea. Since losing all the weight it seems to have ameliorated.

I've had it worse since I've lost so much weight. I wake up feeling like I'm choking.

hmmm. Now that is interesting. His was definitely worse when he had a few more pounds on him. It's gotten somewhat better, but since we have the chance to get this done with no out of pocket, it seemed like a good idea.