Hi, Im 4 months pregnant and have bad problem with my BM. I used to take docusate before, and am not sure if it would be safe to use it during pregnancy. I have always suffered from constipation and it has got worse in last two months. It causes me stomach pain and upset.

Docusate should not be used in pregnancy without doctors advice. So, it does not mean that it is not safe, but just to be surer that it wouldnt harm you. It is because of mild contractions of intestinal muscles that it causes that can have influence on muscles of uterus, I believe. But, talk to your doctor anyway; you dont need to suffer from constipation.

Hello there,

As the poster above me has already said Docusate should not be used in pregnancy. Since you have problems with constipation you need to consult your doctor about this as soon as possible. Because pregnant woman are very sensitive and because it is not possible to test certain things it is usually recommended that pregnant woman don’t take most of the medications.

I hope that your doctor will find some good solution. Keep us posted about further events. Good luck.