I have a question about jogging during pregnancy. Problem is that I used to walk or jogging for many years and now I found out I am pregnant. Since I do not want to harm my baby any way, I wonder if I should stop. That is why I want someone to tell me how jogging affects pregnancy. Is it safe for my baby and me?

If jogging would harm, to you or your baby depends of some factors. If you ran or jogged regularly before getting pregnant, it is not wrong if you continue with this action. You could do it without worry, as long as you take some precautions. However, pregnancy is not the time to start a running routine, if you have never had jogging before. The point is whether you are pregnant or not, running can be hard on your knees. Because your joints loosen during pregnancy, you are more prone to injury during this time. If you have not done it before, you should stick to walking or any other activity deemed safe for expectant beginner athletes. Going for a jog is the quickest and most efficient way to work your heart and body. I know this is giving you a mental and physical boost when you feel tired. Important is to know you should never run or jog to the point of exhaustion or breathlessness. Pushing your body to the limit forces your body to use up oxygen that should be going to your baby, which is definitely not recommended.