Good day everyone. My good friend is pregnant. She waited for this for too long. But it seems that everything that you wait for too long needs to have certain issues. So, she has some issues as well. She told me that she is dealing with abnormal abdominal pain, that she has some really ugly cramps and she is in the first trimester of her pregnancy. 

Some people would say that this is normal, but I am not so sure about this. I think that this should be controlled. Do you know what's causing your abdominal pain or cramps during first trimester of pregnancy?

It is normal for women who are pregnant to be feeling abdominal pain, it would be weird if they were not feeling it I suppose. Abdominal pain during pregnancy can be caused by a couple of things but some of the most common causes are gas and bloating, constipation, cramping during orgasm, round ligament pain, or braxton hicks contractions. Now although this abdominal pain is in most cases normal and it isn't caused by anything serious, it is true that sometimes it might be caused by something serious so it would be smart for your friend to go and talk to her doctor about it.

It totally depends on what type of pain she feels. Some pains are just normal and regular because she is in blessed condition and it is normal for her to feel different. In some cases abdominal discomfort is a common and often harmless complaint during pregnancy, but it can also be a sign of a serious problem. So, the most important thing is that you never ignore severe or persistent abdominal pain. Call your healthcare provider if your pain doesn't go away. Most common causes of this are gasses, bloating, constipation, etc. It is important to check what is going on in your case. Good luck.

It's normal, your friend is going to be just fine, I'm sure of it so don't worry about it. I was having abdominal pain for such a long time when I was pregnant but my doctor told me, after doing some tests, that I am completely okay and that this abdominal pain is just due to my pregnancy. He did give me some medications, painkillers I think, in order to ease the pain but I didn't want to use them because I promised to myself that I will avoid using any kind of medications while pregnant, I believe that it can affect your baby.

I think that Earth and Wind is right, this is really more or less common to be happening when a woman is pregnant. However, if you are interested to know more about the causes, I believe that this article will be of use to you - https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/causes-of-abdominal-pain-during-pregnancy. You can read this article and then you can tell your friend about what you found out but I think that if your friend is concerned about her health or her baby because of this abdominal pain, if it is too strong or something, that she should go and talk to her doctor in order to establish the cause of this.

I don't really thinks that it matters if you are experiencing your abdominal pain in the first trimester or any of the other two, it is normal to experience abdominal pain in pregnancy even thought it can sometimes mean that there is something serious going on but these cases are really, really rare. If your friend is afraid for her and her baby's health, I think that she wants to go and talk to her doctor and probably do some tests, she will then know for sure that everything is okay and that will make her feel calm about all of this.

Hello there. Maybe you can find some more information in here as well - https://ic.steadyhealth.com/stomach-cramps-and-abdominal-pain-in-early-pregnancy. Some useful information are there, so it can help you. It helped me when I was pregnant. I was so scared that I didn't know what to do about this. I went to consult my doctor but I was not able to explain this pain during the pregnancy that I was feeling day after day. When I finally found a way to explain this to him, he told me that, usually, abdominal pain is caused by nothing serious. Generally, you don't have to be too much scared but you should be careful and report any change that you feel to your doctor. Good luck.