Hello there,

I am so happy that I am finally pregnant, I just found out a couple of days ago and my friend immediately told me to keep an eye out for abdominal pain because it can be dangerous. I was like, can you just let me be happy now, please?  Unfortunately, she got me worried so now I want to know more about this. First of all, I want to know how common is abdominal pain during pregnancy and then I want to know more about it, if you don't mind using your time to help me out here, thanks.

Hi honey,

I am so happy for you, there isn't a more beautiful period in a woman's life than when she is pregnant for the first time.

Let me tell you this, all the women experience abdominal pain during pregnancy, it is simply that common, I had it as well during both of my pregnancies so don't worry about it. If you happen to have a strong abdominal pain which makes you think that something is wrong, then it would be smart to go and talk to your doctor because this can still be caused by some dangerous things, you know.

It's common, very common, extremely common, the most common thing of all the common things that exist out there. You simply cannot be pregnant without feeling abdominal pain from time to time, it has to happen.

So don't worry about it and try to enjoy your pregnancy because nobody else will (nobody likes women when they are pregnant and neither did you before, admit it). It's true that this abdominal pain in pregnancy can be caused by some dangerous things but those things are rare (complete opposite of common) so like I have said already, just don't worry about it and enjoy your pregnancy.

Well O-O-phelia, that is one way to put it but I think that you are right, I will agree with you that abdominal pain during pregnancy is a very common thing that happens to about 90% of women and most of them are actually scared when it occurs but there is really no need to panic. Even if you do panic and go to talk to your doctor, he will just tell you that everything is okay and then at least you won't have to worry about it anymore so either way you look at it, it is going to be okay.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the replies.

No, I haven't had abdominal pain so far but I assume that after what you said how most of women experience abdominal pain during pregnancy, I guess that I am going to experience it sooner or later as well.

Is there anything to pay attention at when I get this abdominal pain, like, can I notice myself if this pain is one of those dangerous pains, if it is caused by something dangerous to be precise, or is it just a regular abdominal pain, is there a way in which I can determine that by myself?

Very, very common actually. A lot of girls who are in this so - called blessed condition are feeling some kind of pain. Usually, that is an abdominal pain. Consulting with someone about this is a great idea, but usually you don't have to be to much stressed because of it. Generally, this cramping pain is normal and as long as this pain is not excruciating, you should not be worried like I already told you. There is what is going on - you have ligaments and muscles in your pelvis. As your baby grows up, your uterus grows up as well and it stretches. That is causing this abdominal pain that you feel. Every lady has it. 

It depends. Here is my experience. I have just turned 7 weeks of my pregnancy and btw this is my third baby. I do have those cramping as you describe in here. I think that this is the same cramping as you do have. Well, I need to tell you that I was so scared at the beginning because I didn't notice those cramping in my two other pregnancies. I didn't have that feeling at all. So I went to see my doctor immediately and he told me that I don't have to be scared. He also told me that I can see some spotting and I had this as well. But I have learned one thing - as long as I didn't get intense cramps and major bleeding you should be just fine. Wish you all luck!

Good day.

Experiencing abdominal pain is something that almost every pregnant lady needs to feel. Those who don't feel it are rare lucky ones. But look, don't feel any shame to visit your doctor anytime when you are concerned about your condition. Play it safe. Call your provider if this pain is persistent and if you don't feel that good. 

Even if this is normal you need to keep one thing in your mind - not all abdominal discomforts during pregnancy are the same. Some of the are the sign of a minor problem, while some can be a serious problem. 

Good luck. 

If your doctor did all necessary tests you really don't need to be scared about some serious issues such as ectopic pregnancy. It can be simple gas. That is something that is absent in all pregnant girls. True, it is not unusual but it can be extremely scary, especially if you are a newly pregnant girl. I had problems with weight and I knew it that I need to do something with my lifestyle changes. So I did. I changed my eating habits and I started to feel much better after 7 days. Constipation is a common complaint among pregnant women.