Hello, I am pregnant and I have strong nausea and I vomit a lot, sometimes through entire day. I feel really sick, so my friend suggested me to take Emetrol. Still, I am not certain about it. Is it safe to use Emetrol during the first pregnancy? I would like to get some info on this subject, if you know anything, please tell.

The basic rule is that no medications should be used while pregnant. Unfortunately, many pregnant women do not respect that rule. This rule is especially strict for first three months of pregnancy, when growth of the tissue is very sensitive. That process is organogenesis. Embryo after that process becomes a fetus. That is the reason why is not taking any medication a good thing to do in that period.

I am only 6 weeks and havent been able to get out of bed b/c i am soooooooooo naseus! I called my obgyn today and he told me to get emetrol and take as needed, and also B 6 50 mg. two times a day

i hope that helps

Working with pregnant women and having severe nausea and vomiting with both of my pregnancies, I found ginger either fresh or capsule form ~250 mg 3x/day helpful. Also,some find Sea Bands helpful. They work on the theory of acupressure. Hope this helps.

I also have severe nausea with this pregnancy, not quite as bad as with my first, but this time I have a little one to chase around regardless of how I feel. I talked to my doc who recommended Emetrol even during the first trimester. I also ordered ginger candy off the earthsmagic website. I wish I had found it sooner. Pregnancy is an amazing journey but it sure can take a toll on ones body.

Emetrol is nothing but sugars and phosphoric acid. There is nothing that should harm your child in it.

I took emetrol when i was pregnant with my son. My obgyn suggested it. I had no problem with it at all.

It has Methylparaben in it! 

What's wrong with you? You can't even grasp the basic rules of grammar and punctuation! Try not to be so judgemental. People come here for advice, not badly written insults instead of answers.

Methylparaben is a natural occuring substance that is found in blueberries so its not harmful .

Emetrol is amazing, I was pregnant with triplets and instead of gaining weight i was constantly sick i was not able to gain weight i actually lost 15 pounds. After calling my doctor he suggested Emetrol and it was amazing it helped me function on daily basis and the triplets are 4 months old and they are as healthiest kids i know

I never even thought of using Sea bands, i used diclectin for a short while, till the 24 hour nausea stopped... but i would say the sea bands are a good idea, when i was young i would get car sick and the bands would stop it almost emmediately... i will have to keep this in mind if needed for next time... and PS dont feel bad taking medication as long as your Dr approves, some ppl dont understand how it can get so bad you cant actually function... your baby and you need nutrition and for you to keep you vitamins down as well

I'm having some serious morning sickness myself. This is my first viable pregnancy (I never even got sick with my first pregnancy), and I'm happy for the sickness as a good sign, but I just can't keep functioning like this waiting for it to stop, not knowing when, not being able to eat anything substantial or enjoy food. I have no energy to cook, so I've been eating mcdonalds. Surely a #10 is worse for the baby than emetrol. I can't even finish a sandwich in one sitting. I bought sea bands the other day, and the first day, I felt some improvement. I actually cooked. The second day, they didn't seem to help, so I took them off. I've had them on all day today, and I'm preparing to throw up (in a violent episode of purging my entire system through multiple vomits) for the sixth time today. I'm perpetually nauseated. Ginger ale from Canada Dry doesn't seem to help, but it's not hurting either. I figure I have nothing to lose at this point.

I feel you pain about two weeks ago my nausea bumped up from bad to unbearable, I haven't been able to go to work (cooking out of the questions) I have sea bands on all day/night, I wake up in the middle of the night ready to toss, ginger/lemon stuff does not work I have thrown up so much of it I cant stand the sight of it.  I feel like I cannot function at all. To really put a perspective on it I used to smoke, I have been smoke free for over two weeks and not by choice , with no withdraws. I have to get back to work and I need something that will actually work.........please help.

I was vomiting non-stop and soo i took emetrol and that was before i knew i was pregnant...it didnt hit me until afterwards that i might have been pregnant and come to find out i was..so i hope it was okay