Hello, folks. My wife is pregnant several weeks and we have just found that out. She is even considering improving her nutrition. I would like to know whether it is safe to take herbal tea during pregnancy since I have heard some opposite opinions. What do you think? Thanks for all your replies.

Hi, there. I advise you to be cautious when taking herbal teas during pregnancy. There are many herbs with unknown effects. That is why many experts suggest taking commercial teas. Red raspberry is recommended for pregnant women. Chamomile and mint are also good for consuming. On the other hand, let your wife avoid teas with high concentration of caffeine, especially during first trimester of pregnancy. Such tea is black tea. There are some dangerous teas for pregnant women like mormon tea or “whorehouse” tea. It stimulates uterine contractions and therefore can cause miscarriage. You can consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking any substance that you are not sure of.