i am breastfeeding a 6 week old is it safe to use botox or can it harm the baby in any way?

There has not been any research done about botox influence on woman who is breastfeeding. This is logical because not even one woman in the world would risk health of her baby.

So why are you considering botox while you are breastfeeding at all? Is it really necessary or you are just curious about what might happen?

If for some reason you want to do botox during breastfeeding I would recommend that you talk to your doctor because although it is not proven that it can do harm there isn't any proof it can't. Botox is unlikely to pass through breast milk since only a tiny amount of the drug reaches the bloodstream but this isn't enough to undergo botox procedure.

Let us know if you have decided to use botox and what was the outcome.     

The safety of Botox injections during pregnancy and while breastfeeding is as of yet unclear. Most plastic surgeons will say that they believe it is very unlikely that anything bad will happen if you do receive Botox injections during either of these times, but because they want to err on the side of caution (and avoid liability!) they will not administer Botox treatment. 

Wait until you stop nursing before going for Botox injections. This way, you can be sure that no Botox passes into your milk since you are not having any done. 

I don't think it's a weird question, by the way. "Not one mother would risk the health of her baby?" Plenty still smoke during pregnancy and while breastfeeding, and that's definitely more irresponsible than receiving a Botox treatment since the risks of that have been well established.

I just feel that anything that has to be injected into your body, whatever the substance is, it has to go throughout your blood stream, so, if I were breastfeeding, I would not use the botox espacially if I am not sure about the possible effects.