I am becoming desperate. I don't have sufficient milk to breastfeed my child. We have tried almost everything, from correcting the baby's latch over breast compression to increase the milk supply to stopping the use of artificial nipples. But it didn't help. I have heard that the last resort is domperidone. Is domperidone safe to use to increase milk supply?

Judging to the several researches done over this question it is safe to use it although the domperidone first use is not this. It is used for troubles with gastrointestinal tract. But by affecting the increased prolactin production of pituitary gland it influence on increasing milk supply. Prolactin is the hormone that stimulates the production of milk in the breasts. You should use it as the last resort, but I see that you have deplete all choices.

Considering current research, you can take it. But by all means you are required to have huge amounts [over and above permissible limits] before you see any tangible effects in lactation. Try other methods such as Fenugreek and other herbs? Back here in India we recommend Shatavari liquid for increasing production - if that may help?