I have difficulties with digestion after the meals. Every time when eat I feel heavy, nauseous and I am burping. After the burps it is little easier but then I know that it is passing. Sometimes I even vomit, but only when I take too much food. I would take domperidone but it makes me feel tired and dizzy. Are there any natural alternatives to domperidone?

First of all, maybe, you should go and see some nutritionist to advise you what kind of food to take. You should eat more of cooking meals, fresh fruit and vegetables and less meat. Natural alternative could be ginger root, nicotine (which I wouldn't recommend), papaya and some herbal teas for example.

It sounds like you may have Gastroparesis... Your stomach should be contracting on average 3 times per minute... People with Gastroparesis contracts at a much less rate (unless it's caused by blockage in the poop shoot I believe). This can cause some severe problems with how you digest food. If your body isn't breaking up food like it should... It could be very likely that you are also not absorbing the nutrients you need from it. I have struggled with this porblem for a couple years and Domperidone is like a godsend. The only other medicine that I know that is currently being used is Reglan... I urge you to see a Gastroenterologists and also urge you to stay away from said Reglan. It's a terrible, terrible drug in my humble opinion. Your stomach is nothing to mess around with.

Also....

I typed all that and forgot the main reason I was answering this was to offer some eating advice.

The person who posted above me unfortunately is wrong... (if you have gastoparesis that is)

Fresh fruits and vegetables are some of the last things you want to be eating. I know this sounds weird, but it's true. You really want to be staying away from any food that is hard for your body to digest. Fresh fruits and vegetables are really high in fiber and can be very hard for your body to digest. So basically, anything high in fat, high in fiber and tougher meets are all things you want to try to avoid. (try lean ground beef, or a white meat. as far as fruits and veggies go.. V8 are a lifesaver. Other than that you may want to try sticking to peeled boiled veggies.) :-(

Also you may want to try an elimination diet. Plenty of info can be found on google as to how to start one of these.

re domperidone, it might also be noted that this drug does have negative sides as well. My mother took this drug for a few years, and the side effects were, muscle weakness, and parkinsonism (temporary). Her liver specialist also seriously warned her off this drug when he saw her list of meds which were originally prescribed by her family doctor. (This drug also has the potential to cause limb reduction in birth and heart rhythm problems as well.) In my mother's case, other meds and her age, (early 80's) were blamed for her mobility issue, but finally, we found that Domperidone was the main culprit. The upside of the drug was that it DID increase her appetitie by improving the motility, etc. But the side effects put her in a wheelchair, until the drug was stopped. It's taking a long time for her to regain her mobility, and of course she has regained her poor appetite. Thus we are looking for an alternative or natural way to increase her appetite. 8-|

My wife had a benign tumour removed from her stomach 11 years ago, and then started suffering from gastric reflux as her stomach was smaller. To counteract the reflux she took domperidone for 6 years, during which time her mobility decreased so that finally she was in a wheelchair and had symptoms of Parkinsonism. Since she stopped taking domperidone 13 months ago, her mobility has gradually returned, but it is very slow, and she is still nothing like as mobile as before she started taking the drug. We would be interested to know how long it took for your mother to regain her mobility, and whether there were any treatments that helped.

I have been on Domperidone for over 7 years Following a sub total colectomy. I ate less than a bird would for meals. I was diagnosed with GERD and Gastroparesis. It has helped with motility but signitifcantly decreased sex drive to nothing. Sugar levels are inconsistent and prolactin through the roof. All of a sudden I was hungry all the time and especially at night. Not one Dr. could tell me why, but now I think I do. Never mind theTwitching and headaches as they became part of a daily routine which I learned to shrug off. After reviewing so many side effects and people having the same ones I now realize what medication is causing this.  I wonder if anyone knows if their are any alternative medications available to treat or help with gastroparesis. I have 1/3 of my colon left and that does not function unless it has help. I have a low immune system so I cannot take a lot of medication without it disrupting everything at once.  I had A brain tumor with high prolactin levels removed dec 26, 2008,  but the levels are still above normal. If anyone has suggestions I would be interested in hearing from you. Thanks

Search for a trustworthy homeopathy. I have been seeing one for over 3 years and she has saved me from many tormenting problems. All my organs are clean and the only thing now is to find homeopathy remedies for my upper stomach. Your blood type does have an impact on what you eat. When I eat greens and herbal teas and lots of water, I do so much better. I will introduce meet once or twice a week and I am ok. The gas is reduced greatly! I am O blood type and cannot tolerate grains and dairy of any sort. So take care to replace those with other great options.

Thank you for stating that we (gastroparesis patients) need to stay away from fresh fruits and vegetables. That is the worst thing you can do. Many people with gastroparesis thinks eating healthy is what is needed. true but raw veggies are never the way to go.

Did the brain tumor have to do with taking the domperdone

Just asking because I had a lot of issues with my pituitary after takin this medication

I found my best alternative to domperidone plus food style:
First: 10 minutes after any two meals drink finugreek added to it moringa or camomile tea, one to be before bed time.
Second: 30 mnt before meals drink hot water.
Third: be vegiterian , glotin free and avoid most milk products as you can, do not eat more than two hand cups. When eating creat positive atmosfer, no tv no smart phone, do meditate/prayers...
Fourth: eat only cooked food, including fruit.
Fifth: sleep only 4 hrs after meal.
Six: 10 mnt after meal walk and excersise.
Seven: do not consume more than 2 table spoon/d sugar as often as you can.
Above worked after extensive search and 40 yrs of suffering.