Hi, I am producing breast milk. The thing is that I am sure that I'm not pregnant. I have been taking birth control pills regularly for the last three years. I am not on any kind of medication so I am very worried what can be causing this condition. Can you tell me why this is happening to me?

Hi, breast milk doesn't appear until the last trimester of pregnancy. Even though the birth control pills are not one hundred percent affective it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant. The production and extraction of breast milk is under control of pituitary gland. You should go and see a doctor who will do a test to determine the level of prolactin hormone in your blood. There are medications that can influence hormone production of the pituitary gland. If the hormone level is high the production of breast milk will increase. Some other conditions can cause breast milk production, but you should talk to your doctor about it.

Breastmilk is not produced until up to 3 days (or longer) after a baby is born

Colustrum how-ever can be produced in small amounts from as little as 10 weeks of pregnancy.

However, it may also be produced due to whacked hormones, and some hormone based contraceptives can trick the body into making it.

hi, im going through the same but i had a child 2 years ago. i couldnt breast feed because she was born with a cleft lip.i produced a bit of milk and it has never gone away, if you squeeze the nipple milk will shoot out yuk! but i had a bit of milk before i even was pregnant i think its a hormone thing.