:roll: I have a son that turned 2 on 9/1/08. I stopped nursing him when he was 10 months, but i'm still lactating. It's white/ light yellow. Is this normal after I've completed nursing so long ago? (My boyfriend discovered the milk :D )

Celebrity
If you are def producing milk you need it checked out. You can cause other problems long term.

But one thing comes to mind.
Has this been on going since you spotted feeding your son?
Why has your BF noticed an not you?

This makes me think of a film a watched. Think it was called "the hand that rocked the cradle"

But in this film the nanny let the baby suck on her breast, eventually the nanny started to produce milk.

Do you think this is what has happened with your BF?

Let me know please for future referance xx

I've noticed that my glands still had size to them like they weren't empty since I've finished nursing my son, but if I squeeze them, they never leaked. While engaging in foreplay with my bf, is when they leaked for the 1st time since I stopped nursing. I calle dthe dr.'s office and they state that this an be normal for up to 2 years after nursing, but it's still leaks only when they're . . . . tampered with for lack of a better term. Im the meantime he's stays away to allow the milk to go away, but here it is 6 months after the Dr.'s visit and breast "restriction" during foreplay, they leaked again. I just want it to stop. I thought the 6 month wait would have made it go away.

i hace had exactly the same thing i stopped breast feeding when my daughter was 6 months shes 2 in feb and yet i can still produce milk and no my husband has not been sucking on my breasts to keep up milk flow its not a problem for me but my husband would like my boobs back in our sex life i did visit the doctor and was told this can just happen sometimes and will resolve itself with tim ,great thanks doc ! i then spoke to a friend and she lactated for 3 years then out of the blue stopped ! if anyone else knows of a way to help or the same thing has happened please post !

Hi there!

Prolactin: A hormone secreted by the pituitary gland. Prolactin stimulates lactation (milk production). It also has many other functions, including essential roles in the maintenance of the immune system.

Abnormally high prolactin can delay puberty, interfere with ovulation in women, decrease libido in men, and decrease fertility. Elevated prolactin (hyperprolactinemia) may be due to a benign tumor in the pituitary gland called a prolactinoma.

Abnormally low prolactin (hypoprolactinemia or prolactin deficiency) can cause menstrual disorders and lead to inadequate lactation. Low prolactin is due to impaired production by the cells in the anterior pituitary gland that secrete prolactin.

Google Prolactin and get testet by your doctor!
I am waiting for my results right now.

Kathi

Thanks so much. You have explained to me what no one else has. I will go get tested. Thank you!

We are women....there is nothing to be ashamed of if we continue to lactate for years after childbirth....My youngest son is 8, and I stopped nursing him when he was 10 months old.....On any given morning, my breasts will leak....My husband loves it...It's somewhat erotic he says, and it makes me even more proud to be a mother, wife, and a woman....It's who we are, what we do, and it makes us real....I asked my doctor about it....I had mastitis.....3 years after I stopped nursing my littlest guy....I said, 'are you kidding me?' It was rather funny. He said that he has had patients that have continued to lactate for 30 years after their children were born...So, ladies....I wouldn't worry about it...It simply depends on your body....It's a constant reminder to me of the precious times that I've had with my children....The first feeding immediately after birth...the let down of the milk (painful, but worth it), the emotional bond that only you and your child will ever understand...(well, you'll remember, but they won't, lol)....everything that has to do with being a mom...only we can do it....There is an incredible amount of love that goes into having the capability to care for your children in a way that no one else can...So, good luck, and unless you have a mammogram that tests for the most unfortunate, I wouldn't necessarily worry about a little bit of milk dripping from your breasts....So, don't fret...just be proud that you are mom....if you are terribly worried, visit your doctor and get a mammogram!!!!

Yes. I just want to know why I am having my daughter's 6th bday and I still have milk.

Can I just point out that the women in 'The Hand the Rocks the Cradle' doesn't magically start producing milk. She was pregannt and miscarried at the start of the film, meaning she is likely to ave started producing a milk flow. She uses the breast pump in the film to 'keep up' the milk flow. Ergh.....stupid people.

In the Hand that rocks the cradle...the nanny lost her baby which is why she had milk to feed the other baby.

This happens to me all the time but only in my right breast? I don't know what it is like but I've always wanted to know :) x

I have seen that movie and in the movie she never stopped breast feeding. You see the nanny had a still born and her husband was a dentist who was arrested for sexual assault of patients. She stocks the patient that turned in her husband they were pregnant at the same time. She was trying to steal her family

My son will be 2 next month. I stopped nursing fully after 4mnths. But still, if I squeeze them milk comes out. Is this bad for me?

no it's not bad, is natural. it just means you have had a healthy milk supply, and your baby ate well ;) but there are free apps, to get advice from doctors, face time them too Dr Phill has one too lol sounds silly but try it to give you piece of mind.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Great note. Very well said