Hello, folks. I have just gave birth to a wonderful little creature. I can't describe you how I feel. My mother in law suggests me to take herbal tea, but I am not sure whether it is safe to drink it while breastfeeding. What are your experiences in this matter? I will be very grateful for all your answers.

Hi, there. I suggest you to consult with an expert. Herbal teas have many useful ingredients like vitamins and minerals and they can only do you good. On the other hand, there are many herbs with unknown effects. Some herbs can pass through breast milk and can be dangerous for a baby. Fenugreek, for example, contains nicotinic acid and coumarin which can effect on a baby. Such effects are irregular hear rate, it can effect blood sugar and blood pressure. There are teas with caffeine and I also don't recommend them for taking. I hope you will be cautious. Good luck! If you want to know anything else, don't hesitate to ask.