I am 34 years old and I have been having weight issues ever since I delivered my child seven years ago. I gained 20 extra kilos and I just could not get rid of those. I have heard that ex-lax Milk of Magnesia might be very helpful. Is that a good weight loss plan?

Hmm, I don't think so. I mean, Milk of Magnesia is used only for short term treatment, seven days max. This is due to its side effects, which occurrence is highly increased after that period. And also, its main function is dealing with constipation and speeding intestines mobility, which has to do more with general health than losing weight.

laxatives are a bad idea for weightloss. the only weight you will be losing is water weight. i would suggest seeing a dietician or joining a local gym. it is recommended that you have 20 minutes of cardiovascular excercise at least 3 times a week if not every day. start small and work up! permanent weight loss is not a quick fix. even little changes to your routine and diet can make a great impact like only eating half or three fourths of what you would normally eat. you can still eat what you want just with alittle more moderation. also, try not to drink soda or sugared drinks a lot. many people have lost up to 30 pounds by just switching to diet or just plain drinking water.

Milk of Magnesia is not a good weight loss solution. It is used to relieve constipation and is only recommended to use once a week if you are having issues, not consecutive days. Try this solution - . This website has weight loss programs, tips, online calorie counters, BMI calculators, etc. I have been using this site for quite some time now and I have lose 20lbs. Head on over and try it out and stay away from laxatives! Good luck :D !

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I lost 18 lbs using MOM. Its safe for everyday use and people with digestive issues doctors reccomend it bc its safe.