My son is almost 13 months and I still have some pregnancy weight to get rid of. All of this makes me feel a bit unattractive, and it is something I want to work on. I am still nursing and I heard that breastfeeding and dieting is a big no-no. Is there any way that I can start losing the pregnancy weight now? Not a lot all at once; just a bit of weight?

Hi there! Try a combination of dieting and aerobic exercise to lose weight, rather than dieting alone. That is a safe weight-loss strategy for breastfeeding mothers. Breastfeeding itself, helps mothers to lose the weight gained during pregnancy. If the baby takes only breast milk for the first 6 months of life, mom loses more weight than if solids or formula are given. Most diets are safe during lactation, as long as mothers include foods rich in calcium, zinc, magnesium, vitamin B6 and folate. Very low calorie diets (under 1500 -1800 calories a day), liquid diets and weight loss medications are not recommended. Fasts lasting less than 1 day have not been shown to decrease milk quantity. I hope this will help you. Good luck!