Is it okay to take expired Milk Of Magnesia that has never been opened? It expired about 11 months ago.

Hi Sherri. It could cause damage to your kidneys, so no.

No, don't! I just had some and I truly wish I hadn't..feeling queasy

Chemistry stack exchange (a web site of chemistry talk about this very thing) makes sense to me. I am not that big on expiration dates b/c I think it’s more about CYA with the stores. We really don’t know how long they’ve been sitting in warehouses somewhere. I just used two year old expired milk of magnesia - no problem and it worked. I’d just use your judgment. How does it look, smell, put just a bit on tongue to taste...

Chemistry stack exchange (a web site of chemistry talk about this very thing) makes sense to me. I am not that big on expiration dates b/c I think it’s more about CYA with the stores. We really don’t know how long they’ve been sitting in warehouses somewhere. I just used two year old expired milk of magnesia - no problem and it worked. I’d just use your judgment. How does it look, smell, put just a bit on tongue to taste...the three ingredients in that produce should be fine if lid is tight