I'm 14 and have found out that laxatives can help you in weight loss and I'm around 20lbs over weight I want to take them because I'm unhappy with myself and its not like this is a new thing its been like this since I was 9 and ive been on over 20 different diets ive tried anorexia and balimia, anorexia didn't work because my mom would make me eat and I was so exhausted I couldn't hardly workout ,and balimia didn't work because I don't have a gag reflex so my question is what are some pros and cons of using laxatives for loss of weight

Hello. I too use laxatives but, not very often because they are fairly harmful. If you use them for long enough you can start to have kidney problems and possibly die. Not to mention that by the time the laxative kicks in you have already absorbed all of the calories of the food you just ate so, it is not really getting rid of any fat. Another thing is that your body becomes relient on them and you can begin to have constipation if you go off of it. Good luck! 

There are no "pros" to using laxatives. You are merely getting rid of water and needed electrolytes. When you dehydrate yourself you actually hinder weight loss. The best way to lose weight is to eat an anti-inflammatory diet and I am not sure if I can leave my email or url here but would be happy to give it to you. You have no idea how processed,fast and just plain unhealthy foods hinder weight loss. I would also suggest that you see how much non-hunger eating you are doing because a minimum of 95% of women with eating disorders do this AND need missing brain chemicals. I am not suggesting you get the brain chemicals with anti-depressants but through supplements which boost needed neurochemicals. Seratonin is very often low in people like you. Don't freak out about 20 lbs. If you do it RIGHT it can come off and stay off. What you need to focus on is HEALTH. Become healthy,eat healthfully and exercise healthfully and voila! I hope this helped. I AM a very good doctor and see a lot of weight issues as a doctor with patients and through my website with members so there for SURE is great hope for YOU Brina!! Good luck! Dr.Kim