had galbladder removed now i am not constpated as i go at least twice a day but my stools may as well be they are so hard. i drink loads of fluids way more tgan before i also eat more than enough fibre fresh fruit veg etc so no idea why. just wondering if others have had same. i know people get constpated but i am not

Hi! I found this. If you have hard stools try to walk and be more active, but don’t overdo it. If you can, take less of the pain medicines. Some can cause constipation. Try a stool softener. You can get these at any pharmacy without a prescription. Ask your doctor or nurse whether you can take milk of magnesia or magnesium citrate. Do not take any laxatives without asking first. Ask your doctor about foods that are high in fiber, or try using psyllium (Metamucil). I hope this helps.

thanks for the response i am not on any meds at all and i walk and exercise i tired laxatives even mild ones but because i am so regular they dont work and make me over go to the loo. its just the consistency thats giving me issues. the things like metamucil jsut make them bigger and makes problem worse. i eat high fibre diet and a very healthy one. so thinks i will jsut have to get used to it