My new born baby has some difficulty breathing. Doctors could not diagnose this as asthma or some virus infection so, they just prescribe Flovent. I read on package of Flovent that it not supposes to be given to children younger than 12 years. What should I do? Should I ask for second opinion?

I am sorry to hear such thing. I am not an expert so I can not give you precise information, but if I were you I would definitely ask for second opinion. If manufacturer says that Flovent is not supposed to be given to children younger than 12 years, than it must be a reason for that.

My six-months-old has just been prescribed flovent. I talked to the pharmacist yesterday and she did say it is not recommended usually for use in kids under 12 but the dosage we got was the lowest. She said, if I asked her as a mother and pharmacist, she would think it is ok if it is used for only a limited amount of time such as two weeks.