I am mother of two boys. Older one was recently exposed to scarlet fever. Other one is still a baby and doctor said that he most likely won't get it. I am very worried about younger one. Can a baby get scarlet fever?

I think that everyone in house is at risk of infection, even a baby. A baby may get scarlet and I’ve seen infants show symptoms, but they recovered 100%. I think you should ask for second opinion.

My son is 7 months old and has scarlet fever!

Hi there

my daughter has just had scarlet fever, she is 19 months old and i also have a 9 month old son, and he
was in contact with her all the time and never actually got it himself x

Strep throat is very uncommon in infants less than 2-years-old. Nevertheless, it is possible. Fortunately, most children under the age of 2 or 3 who contract it have milder symptoms than their school-age siblings. No preventitive medications are necessary, though typical precautions (ie, frequent handwashing) should be taken. If your younger child develops fever, sore throat (hard to tell in a younger kids), or rash, you should see your doctor. Antibiotics are highly effective and well-tolerated.

My 8 yr old son has scarlet fever, I have a 7 month baby girl, should I be worried about her getting it?

Yes a baby can get it. My son was just diagnosed tonight with it. I thought he was having an allergic reaction to a new food I tried him on and noticed a couple hours later he was broke out in a rash all over his body. The doctor looked him over and said that he had scarlet fever. Idk how on earth he contracted it though. They put him on some antibiotics for 10 days. He is only 4 months.

My son is 8 month and just been told he's got scarlet fever :( had a very high temp for 4 days and sore throat. He's just broken out with a rash on his belly and back and his face is blotchy. He's just been given antibiotics.

Hello. My four month old has got scarlet fever. How did your little one get on with it? Were they quite ill or was it relatively mild? Thank you