Hello, good people. My kid has been recently diagnosed asthma. Doctor explained to me and my husband that our kid must be on a special lifestyle regime. I would like to know something more about prognosis for juvenile asthma. I would be very grateful if anyone could answer me this. Thank you in advance.

Hello. Your kid’s doctor is right. Your kid will have to be on a special lifestyle regime. He must take his medications. He must avoid allergens from his surroundings. He also has to avoid physical exhaustion. Prognosis is especially serious for kids under 5. Their pathways are narrow which makes their asthma more difficult. Asthma is very common cause for children hospitalization. If you follow the rules, there shouldn’t be difficulties. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi! yes, you will have to keep things a certain way to keep your child's asthma under control but that does not mean it will be this way for the rest of their life. Many children outgrow childhood asthma, some do not but it is possible. I have TONS of tips on keeping his environment trigger free. A very important thing is keeping his room clean for him since asthma can be worse when children are sleeping. That means things like no carpeting, stuffed animals or anything that will hold dustmites. Put dust controlling covers on his mattresses and some believe an air cleaner in the room helps too but the filters on those must be cleaned or changed often. Wash his bedding, including pillows once a week in hot water. These are rules I still live by today and they make a huge difference.

I have had asthma since I was 12 years old and I am now in my early thirties. I have a friend who had severe asthma as a very small child but I believe she no longer requires any treatment for it now that she is an adult. No worries it is all managable, make sure he has access to his inhaler at any given time but be aware of overuse (a sign asthma is out of control) and watch for signs that the medication is not treating symptoms, which may require a hospital trip. Sometimes we just can't get things under control with our regular meds but the key is not to wait too long to seek help for it. Feel free to ask me anything, I will try my best to answer questions. Asthma has been a part of my life for a long time now so I've learned a lot of tricks. I wish you all the best!

My 2 children were just diagnosed as well. I have done a thorough cleaning of things. We are considering removing the carpets. I have been reading about diet. Do you notice a difference in your asthma when you eliminate certain foods from your diet? I have been reading about sulfites, salt levels and food dyes.