DD is 2 and 26lbs. She has been taking a multivitamin (bugs bunny) once a day for a few months now. My husband sometimes gives her two a day because he doesn't think 2 will hurt her. I completely disagree. I plan to let him read the replies from this thread in hopes that he'll take someone elses' words for it...So, my question is.... If the recommended daily dose is ONE vitamin a day is it ok to give our 2 year old TWO vitamins instead? What are the dangers of giving more than the RDA?

I am not sure if two wold be too many every once in a while. But, I do know that there is such thing as over dosing on vitamins. They are good in the right quantity, but too many can make a child very sick and even kill them. Try not to let you child think that they are candy so that she does not try to one day get ahold of them and eat more than she should. Tell her that they are special vitamins and that she can only have one a day or she will get sick. As for your Hubby ha tell him that one is good enough!

She is right...One a day is way more than enough...Iron overdose in small children is a common and deadly thing, make sure they are up high out of reach, so that she/he doesnt get into them....The only way for your child to take more than one is if and only if the doctor tells you too...Hope this helps...

Hi there,
I am not an expert however, I have heard that more then 1 vitamin a day can be harmful to your child and is an unnecessary risk. I would say the best thing would be to ask the pharmacist. They are more knowledgeable in that department.

NO. DO NOT GIVE THE CHILD TWO. YES YOU CAN OVERDOSE ON VITAMINS. YOU MAY EVEN WANT TO ASK THE DOCTOR IF ONE IS EVEN NECESSARY.

Celebrity
I once asked my doctor which was the best vitimins to give my daughter, as she was always getting infections, coughs an cold.

He said NONE. All they need is a healthy diet.

You should never over dose on any form of medication.

Who decided your child needed to take vitamins? Speak to your doctor. At two years of age your child should not be taking vitamins. That's my opinion. Healthy food and that should do it.

what if my 2 year old got a hold of a bottle of b-12 an took the hole thing ? is it going to hurt him ?
what should i do ?