Hello, my wife is in her first month of pregnancy and I have to say that we are very happy about it, although we are completely unprepared for it. So, we are trying to learn everything we can, as fast as we can. So, I would like to know if it is advisable to use herbs during pregnancy.

Well, you should know that standard medications should be avoided in the first three months of pregnancy. As for herbs, there are some that should and some that should not be used. Black Haw might be used in order to prevent miscarriage; Chamomile is used for digestive issues and might be helpful for morning sickness. There are also Dandelion, Kelp, Ginger and some other that could be taken, but I would always suggest a consultation with a doctor first.

whatever you do do NOT use echinacea or goldenseal. These herbs are reported to cause miscarriage.