Hello, I am a mother of two kids, age 3 and 5 and I would like to ask you about the benefits of honey. I have heard that it is a good thing against cough. Is that true? I just don’t like giving them antibiotics each time they start coughing. So, did anyone try honey for coughing?

Honey is actually a very healthy food, but combined with some herbs it can really have a great effect. Combined with ginger, it is a great remedy for both coughing and cold. This mixture can also deal with fever and cold. Generally, honey is an excellent thing, no tot mention it has a really nice taste!

My mother used to give me honey and ginger when I was little when I would catch a cold, so I can definitely say it's safe to use. I used to think the taste was a bit funky, but i got used to it.

I give my daughter honey and Echinacea chamomile tea...she loves it and I think it does help with her cough (I never use cough-suppressants). How do I serve it to her?

Okay, t his sounds much worse than it is but Indians have been using it for a long time and modern science backs it up.

Honey, ginger and TURMERIC! You only need to mix in half a teaspoonfull of turmeric with some honey and root ginger steeped in a small glass of hot water. It doesn't taste as bad as you'd think and it works brilliantly. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory so reduces the swelling in the throat. Due to childhood illness, whenever I catch a cough it turns into seriously bad bronchitus, but this mixture nips it in the bud and the cough is gone by the next day.

Btw, you might want to invest in some rather expensive Manuka honey as this is made by bees who collect their pollen from the tea tree plant, which is anti-septic. It's the honey that opera singers use to look after their throats. It comes in different strengths and you pay more depending on the strength of active manuka in it.

Cough syrups don't get rid of coughs and it's increasingly thought they are bad for kids in particular.

Some lemon added to the honey also works well.
Also an adult elixer with a shot of whisky. Relaxes, calms and soothes all in one gulp.

Thanks Malissa for the question.I think honey really works for cough for kids.I have tried it on my kids and I can gladly advice you to give it a try.

I am Indian, OK.
Honey is actually a very healthy food, but combined with some herbs it can really have a great effect. Combined with ginger, it is a great remedy for both coughing and cold. This mixture can also deal with fever and cold. Generally, honey is an excellent thing, no tot mention it has a really nice taste! It is one of the useful amazing products that Nature has given to us.

Honey has many wonderful benefits. I have used it in my throat lozenges and to help heal a wound.