Hey everyone.

I am crying in here and I desperately need your help. I think that my dog got some ugly bladder infection. He is urinating a lot and his urine has different color that usual.

Urine is discolored with a little blood in it. But I don’t see the blood every time when he is urinating.

So I am pretty sure that we are dealing with bad bladder infection. I have an appointment with my vet in two days but I want to help my dog soon. Do you know some good home remedies for bladder infection in dogs?

Tnx in advance :)

Hey Millie cat,

There is no need to overreact. You dog is going to be just fine, since you found this out on time and you want to treat it right away.

When you visit your vet, he is probably going to prescribe you some antibiotics, but in the meantime, you can treat it yourself at home.

What I used to give to my dog when he had bladder infection were Marshmallow roots. These roots stimulate the immune system and attack bacteria that caused the infection in the first place. It helped in my case and my dog was already feeling better in a few days.

Hey you two,

I’d suggest to you Millie that you don’t use antibiotics at all: just consult your vet about continuing to treat your dog at home with natural remedies.

You might already have some stuff at home that might help, but I doubt it. But this stuff can be bought in any store anyway so it’s no big deal.

Marshmallow roots are good, I already heard that some people used it and it helped.

I also heard that Blueberries and Cranberries are good for this infection. You might have these at home. Juniper berries work like charmed, too. They are known for increasing the rate at which the kidneys filter out impurities, and so, they increase urine production.

Hey guys,

I usually don’t have time to bother with home remedies, instead I just use antibiotics which work great, by the way. But I do think that home remedies are better.

Other than those few remedies that you guys already mentioned, I have heard a lot about Uva Ursi leaf, too. Some people say that it’s the best possible remedy for bladder infection.

Besides that, I also heard about Parsley leaf. You probably have this one at home. These leaves are highly nutritious and they have antiseptic qualities which are awesome for treating urinary tract infections.

I never had experience with bladder infection, but these are the remedies that I’ve heard about.

Hello. Definitely the most popular remedy for treating a dog’s bladder infection is organic apple cider vinegar. It helped me and it helped a lot of people around me. I was using apple cider vinegar mixed with food and with water. But you can also mix it with iodine, vitamin C, sea salt and cranberry. Diet program that you can determine with your vet is also very helpful. Beside you should take care that your dog drinks a lot of water daily. Did you know that your dog can drink tea? Well yes he can. You should try to give him chamomile tea.

Hey. Definitely you should try using herbs because they support long – term urinary tract health and they can heal your dog from bladder infection.

Here is what you can use :

• Uva ursi is recommended and it has antiseptic action that cleans the urinary tract,
  • Echinacea tincture is recommended for acute infection, but it is helpful for bladder infections,
  • Marshmallow herb is soothing and it helps reduce infection and irritation of urinary tract,
  • Corn silk is diuretic and antiseptic. It has been used for a long time and it is helpful as well.

Try some of those remedies.

There are so many good remedies for bladder infection in dogs.

You can try with citrus juice. Just five your dog lime juice, orange juice or citrus juice. This really can boost the immune system of your dog and it can improve the acidity level of your dog’s urine.

Dandelion root is also good especially if you combine it with water and let your dog sip the combined mixture. Dandelion root can stimulate urine flow which can help your dog fight the bacteria.

Cantharis in a liquid form is good if you mix it with water and let your dog drink it. It is home remedies and also can help your dog fight the bacteria.

Hey.
Such a lovely advice. I can give you some. I took them from my mom and my sister because they were dealing with bladder infection in dogs very often.
Echinacea powder that you mix with clean, drinking water is also good. It is one of the home remedies that my mom was using for her dog and it is good against pain, infections and it kills bacteria invasion.
But before you use any of those remedies I suggest you to talk to your vet.
I totally agree that apple cider vinegar is good in the bath. I have tried it with my dog and it is helpful.

Hey everyone,

Wow, I thought I new something about treating bladder infection but you guys totally blew my minds out. I haven’t heard about half of the treatment stuff that you wrote here. So thanks a lot, you kind of helped me too!

My dog Zeak had bladder infection in the last month. We visited the vet and everything (I’d suggest the same thing to you Millie) and he recommended antibiotics. Since I was against it, he told me to use Uva Ursi leaves and apple cider vinegar. I used both of these things to heal my dog and it worked like charmed.