Hello, my friends. I have come into certain age when prostate can give many problems. I have been just diagnosed with prostatitis. I have heard some good things about nettle root, but I wonder whether it can help with my condition. I would really be thankful if anyone knew the answer. Thanks.

I've not heard about nettle root for prostatitis, though I know it's good for many things. I have heard about saw palmetto, bearberry, goldenseal, echinacea, and flower pollen extract all helping. Certainly, if you've seen your "regular" doctor and your symptoms haven't improved, natural prostatitis treatment can give you hope and then relief. Would it be possible for you to see a naturopathic doctor? Acupuncture can also help in some cases. I always think that, though herbs are natural, they are potent and you want to make sure you have the kinds of herbs and the doses right, so it's better to seek a consultation from a herbal doctor. 

Hi, there. I have also heard some good things about nettle root. It is recommended for prostatitis, but for benign prostate hyperplasia as well. Nettle root’s constituents inhibit abnormal cell growth. This is very important since BPH can turn into prostate cancer later in life. You should consult your urologist about this herb. He will tell you whether you can use it with your current treatment. I hope it will help. Let me know the results, please. Bye!

i had prostatitis, now i think it is cured but i noticed when i take nettle root i feel discomfort in pelvic area and uretra, a kind of pain, not strong but disturbing. so i have to avoid taking it to feel good. i take all other herbs and supplements like saw palmetto, pumpkin seed oil, flower pollen and it seems it does good to my prostate.