Hello, guys. My grandmother drinks constantly different kinds of teas. She has told me recently that she likes to use antiviral herbs for making tea. I would like to find out something more about those herbs. What are they, anyway? I would really appreciate if someone could tell me that. Thanks.

Hello. Antiviral herbs are the ones that are used for treating infections caused by viruses. There are many herbs with this characteristics as far as I know. Eucalyptus globosus or Echinacea has been used for cold and flu for centuries. It stimulates the body's production of inteferon which has an important role in fighting the viruses. Garlic is also excellent in fighting the flu. It also has some compounds that act like painkillers and sedatives. Licorice is also a potent antiviral herb. There are other herbs with these characteristics as well. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!