I am going to do a juice fast to lose weight next month, together with two friends who will also be taking part in the fast. It is meant to be a detoxifying experience as well as having the goal of losing a few pounds. Are there any herbs that we can take during the fast to make the detox even more effective perhaps?

Hi Loree! This is the firs time I hear about the juce fast. Can you tell me a little more abut it? Is there any preparation period? Should I consult my doctor before it. I've heard about some russian treatment with herbal teas, my cousin did it last year, but it lasts for sixty days if I remember wel. She did in like a healing treatment, she has a scoliosis, guess that's not the same thing. As for the herbs used in detoxication we all know how the green tea is, I found some more herb you might be interested in: dandelion, licorice root, cascara sagrada, balck wlnut hulls, milk thistle. I'm realy curious about that fast and it's results. Please let me know. All the best to you!